Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 
August 22
San Diego
I guess I didn’t make a blog for yesterday – August 21 – the day we returned to America! It was emotional, beautiful, long, fast, busy, hectic, happy, sad, overcast, sunny, cold, warm, happy, sad, and emotional.

I realized how ready I am to really get home, and tried to change my plane reservation from the 23rd to the 22nd, but it would have been too expensive.

Erika arrived at the ship around 1pm. It was great to see someone from home. We worked together in the library for several hours and then had a nice drink on the Harbor Front. I had a wonderful dinner with the ISE staff and the Administrative Team from my voyage. Very nice of them to include me in that.

Topped the day off by viewing fireworks that were set off from the deck of the Midway aircraft carrier next door.

August 22
Erika and I worked together again today. The Coast Guard came on board around 10 am and conducted a number of safety drills with the crew for about 2 hours. We mostly laid low during that time.

I am heading to Charlottesville early tomorrow morning. I think we’re going to take the ferry over to The Del (Hotel Del Coranado) for dinner in a bit. Figured I’d bookend the trip that way.

I’m really looking forward to being home. I miss Don and everyone so much.
See you all soon.

For the next installment of the Semester at Sea Library see Erika’s blog at http://librarianadventurepants.blogspot.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?